Selection of Candidates
The selection process will involve interviews with the regional core group sponsoring organizations and the Institute’s director and staff to evaluate candidate suitability based on the following personality traits and skills:
- Teachable spirit i.e. open learning and practicing new concepts.
- Good communications skills i.e. ability to listen for meaning; ability to read non-verbal cues; asks good questions based on situation; ability to validate positions you don’t agree with.
- Good emotional intelligence i.e. able to relate to wide variety of personalities; possess a solid emotional foundation; ability to discern emotional issues in others while maintaining detachment; ability to collect information on perceived grievances without inflaming them.
- Cultural sensitivity i.e. Ability to recognize and relate to different cultures; a “liminal” persona that doesn’t project own culture but easily develops relationships and trust with those of different cultures.
- FBR workshop skills i.e. Ability to organize and coordinate activities; public speaking ability; ability to anticipate and resolve workshop problems.
- Political savvy i.e. ability to analyze political dynamics in group interaction; flexibility to develop strategies for moving forward from an impasse; good foundation of historical understanding.
- Spiritual maturity i.e. high level of faith-based humility; ability to trust God in difficult situations; desire to serve others; desire to live a God-centered life.
If you are interested in being considered for candidacy, please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you.